Friday, September 11, 2015

6 Reasons Why Women Need To Lift Weights



You won’t get big and bulky and you won’t turn into a she-hulk. But you will gain confidence, self-esteem and a bangin’ body.

How do I know? Six years ago I was a pudgy stay at home mom. I’d always been active, but for me that really meant running, yoga and the occasional “play with light dumbbells” session at the gym. I could never understand why I didn’t have the lean, athletic, feminine body I yearned for. I spent hours at the gym and I was always consistent.

The answer came to me in the form of iron, and since then, the iron and I have been the best of friends. I have a more desirable physique at 30 than I did at 20, and I feel better about myself in every conceivable way.

While I am blessed to coach and inspire many women around the world who appreciate and engage in regular strength training, I’m not ignorant to the fact there are still a lot myths and misunderstandings surrounding women and heavy weight training. But before I talk about why those ideas are myths rather than truths, let’s talk about the myriad of benefits that lifting weights provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment